Thursday, October 9, 2014

Speech reflection

On my presentation I was extremely nervous. I practiced it so much that I think it made me even more nervous that I would forget what I wanted to bring up. I have horrible stage fright and it's something I really need to get over. I think I did a pretty good job with movement and not staying in one place. I think I made eye contact fairly well and better than I expected that I would (I thought I would probably stare at the walls most of the time to be honest). I watched the video and honestly I'm not sure if what I was doing with my hands could be considered fidgeting. It could go either way and I need to work on that some as well. You told me I need to work on my volume and my rushed speech. I now realize that the more I just want to get public speaking over with and done as quickly as possible, the faster I speak. I need to learn to breathe more once I actually get in front of people and I need to project to the back of the room. What I really should work on that I feel would make public speaking easier in situations like this is the confidence I have going in. While watching the video of myself I could feel the anxieties all over again so I'm sure that everyone else in the room could too, which is NOT good. I will try my hardest to get better at public speaking and work on what I need to to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment